Payment, Cancellation & Privacy Policies
The most convenient way to register for CSBA/CCBE events is by using the CSBA's online registration system. Online registration payments are by credit card only. If your county/district does not hold a valid credit card, registrations may be paid by check.
Acceptable forms of payment
CSBA/CCBE accepts the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- For membership dues: Invoices are mailed in early May and may be paid by check. Please make checks payable to California School Boards Association, c/o West America Bank.
- For Annual Conference registration: Payments may be made via check or credit card.
- All other trainings: All other trainings payments may be made via credit card or check.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I need to register someone ASAP and can only pay by check. Can we email a scanned copy of the registration form and check to secure a spot?
A: Yes, as long as the copy is of a signed check and shows that it is payable to CSBA. Check numbers alone will not be accepted. Scanned copies may be sent to email@example.com.
Q: When will the person be registered?
A: Upon receipt of the registration form and check payment. Registration fees for mailed registration forms & checks will be based off of the postmark date; scanned/emailed copies will be based off the email date.
Q: What is the latest I can mail a registration form and check payment?
A: Five business days before the event.
If trying to register with a check payment after the five business day deadline, here are the alternatives:
- Pre-registrations: Email a scanned copy of the registration form and check to firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register, and then bring the originals to CSBA/CCBE staff on-site.
- On-site registrations: Bring the check to the CSBA/CCBE staff on-site and complete an on-site registration form. Please ensure the check amount is for the late/onsite rate to ensure checks are for the correct amount.
CCBE/CSBA encourages substitutions from within a district, county office of education or organization. Please send substitution requests via email to email@example.com.
If an attendee is unable to make an event or make a substitution, the following applies:
- Up to seven (7) business days prior to the event, with written notice, registrants may cancel for a full refund. Please send cancellation requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone requests will not be honored.
- Cancellations or transfers received within seven (7) business days of the event are not eligible for a refund as food/beverage and materials have been ordered on your behalf.
- There are no refunds for no shows.
CSBA reserves the right to cancel any training with fewer than appropriate participants in a single location.
Direct all cancellation requests via email to email@example.com. By mail to the Registrar, California School Boards Association, 3251 Beacon Blvd., West Sacramento, CA 95691-1660. By fax to (916) 669-3366, Attn: Registrar. If you have any special needs that we can address to make your participation more enjoyable, please call the CCBE staff at (800) 266-3382 prior to the conference/training.
CSBA/CCBE will not release information about the registration or attendance of registrants other than in response to governing board action requesting such information or in response to a lawful subpoena or court order.