Outstanding Legislator Award
For the past several years, CCBE has honored current members of the California Senate and Assembly who actively work to improve our public schools, support local county and school board governance and exercise leadership in the legislative arena.
CCBE encourages county boards to participate in nominating a member of the California State Legislature, the California Congressional delegation or federal/state elective or appointed office holder for CCBE's Outstanding Legislator Awards program. The award is bestowed upon one or more individuals who have been actively involved in legislation or activities supporting the work of county offices of education and their programs.
Nominations for the Outstanding Legislator Awards program must be received by CCBE no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 2, 2020 to be considered. Include a resolution or written explanation of why the nominated individual should be honored. It is important that your nominations include as much specific information as possible, and highlight legislation with a direct, beneficial effect on COE's and their students.
Past Award Recipients
- 2018 - Assembly Member Cecilia Aguiar-Curry and Assembly Member James Gallagher
- 2016 – Assembly Member Bill Dodd and Assembly Member Tony Thurmond
- 2014 – Assembly Member Susan Bonilla
- 2013 – Senator Lois Wolk
- 2007 – Senator Jeff Denham
- 2006 – Senator Joe Simitian and Assembly Member Joe Nation
- 2005 – Assembly Member Lynn Daucher
- 2004 – Senator Dede Alpert, Assembly Member Gene Mullin, and Senator Chuck Poochigan
- 2003 – Senator Jack O’Connell
- 2001 – Assembly Speaker Bob Hertzberg
- 2000 – Assembly Member Rod Pacheco
No Outstanding Legislator was selected in 2002, 2008-2012, 2015, 2017 and 2019.