Outstanding Legislator Award
For the past several years, CCBE has honored current members of the California Senate and Assembly who actively work to improve our public schools, support local county and school board governance and exercise leadership in the legislative arena.
CCBE encourages county boards to participate in nominating a member of the California State Legislature, the California Congressional delegation or federal/state elective or appointed office holder for CCBE's Outstanding Legislator Awards program. The award is bestowed upon one or more individuals who have been actively involved in legislation or activities supporting the work of county offices of education and their programs.
This year, the CCBE Board of Directors approved to award Assemblymember Robert Rivas, 30th California Assembly District, the CCBE Outstanding Legislator Award. He was presented with the award, a resolution and Monterey county student artwork on Tuesday, November 24, 2020. Below is a photo of the award presentation.
From left to right: Dr. Deneen Guss, Superintendent (MCOE), Christopher Wohlgemuth (Student), Assemblymember Robert Rivas, Janet Wohlgemuth (CCBE President), and John McPherson, Board Member (MCOE).
Past Award Recipients
- 2018 - Assembly Member Cecilia Aguiar-Curry and Assembly Member James Gallagher
- 2016 – Assembly Member Bill Dodd and Assembly Member Tony Thurmond
- 2014 – Assembly Member Susan Bonilla
- 2013 – Senator Lois Wolk
- 2007 – Senator Jeff Denham
- 2006 – Senator Joe Simitian and Assembly Member Joe Nation
- 2005 – Assembly Member Lynn Daucher
- 2004 – Senator Dede Alpert, Assembly Member Gene Mullin, and Senator Chuck Poochigan
- 2003 – Senator Jack O’Connell
- 2001 – Assembly Speaker Bob Hertzberg
- 2000 – Assembly Member Rod Pacheco
No Outstanding Legislator was selected in 2002, 2008-2012, 2015, 2017 and 2019.