The Nominating Committee is elected at CCBE’s General Membership Meeting in November/December each year. The Nominating Committee is made up of seven members representing at least four geographic regions (north, central, south and coast). Six members of the committee are elected at the annual meeting by plurality and one carry-over member is selected by the previous year’s committee to provide continuity.
The 2019 Nominating Committee invites you to participate in the nominating process for this year's election of the CCBE President-elect, Vice President and Treasurer. You can help us in two ways: 1) Submit a nomination form for yourself or for another member with their consent and/or 2) encourage potential candidates to run for office. Nomination and candidate application forms must be received by CCBE no later than Wednesday, July 31 by 5:00 p.m. Please email your nomination and candidate forms to email@example.com.
Candidate Application Forms:
• 2020 Candidacy Form Instructions
• Nomination Form
• Candidacy Application Form
• CCBE Officer Roles & Responsibilities
• Nominating Committee Memo
A potential candidate:
• Have strong leadership skills, including abilities to collaborate, motivate and inspire.
• Be passionate supporters of public education and be strong advocates for county offices of education.
• Clearly understand CCBE’s role, vision, mission and values.
• Be able to devote the necessary time and attention to serve as a CCBE officer.
• Must be a current member of a county board in good standing and that board must be a member of CCBE.
Candidates do not need to be a current or previous member of CSBA’s Delegate Assembly or CCBE Board of Directors.
Candidates will be schedule for interviews during the CCBE Annual Conference the weekend of September 13-15 in Monterey. Elections will be held at the general membership breakfast meeting on December 6 during the CSBA's Annual Education Conference in San Diego.
If you would like to be a strong voice and integral part of CCBE and help to shape education in California for many years to come, don't miss this exciting opportunity!
2019 Nominating Committee
Fatima Alleyne, Contra Costa COE (Chair)
Amy Christianson, Butte COE
Ramon Flores, Ventura COE
Barbara Hale, Riverside COE
Melissa Kinsel, Lake COE
Andrew Leonard, Sonoma COE
Celia Maldonado-Arroyo, Tulare COE