Election to CCBE Office
The CCBE officer nominations for President-elect, Vice President, and Treasurer to serve on the CCBE Executive Committee are due each year by 5:00 pm on July 31. The candidacy application will be available to download in the link below. Elections will be held at the annual general membership meeting in San Francisco on December 1, 2023.
Qualified candidates need to possess strong leadership skills, including listening, collaborating, communicating clearly, and motivating. In addition, they must be able to devote the necessary time and attention to serve as a CCBE officer. Candidates shall also be passionate supporters and strong advocates for all California students and clearly understand CCBE's role, vision, mission, and governance structure in combination with CSBA. If you would like to be a strong voice and an integral part of CCBE and help to shape education in California for many years to come, don't miss out on this exciting opportunity!
A potential candidate must:
- Serve on a county board that is a member of CCBE
- Be able to devote the necessary time and attention to serve as an officer
- Clearly understand CCBE's role, vision, mission, and values
- Have strong leadership skills, including abilities to collaborate, communicate clearly, and motivate
- Be a passionate supporter of public education and be a strong advocate for county offices of education
- Receive at least one nomination for officer. (Nominations may be made by either a county board member of CCBE, by an individual board member whose board is a member of CCBE, or a self-nomination from an individual board member whose board is a member of CCBE).