Outstanding Legislator Award
The CCBE Outstanding Legislator Award is bestowed upon a member of the Senate or Assembly who has been actively involved in legislation or legislative activities supporting the work of county offices of education and their programs. The CCBE award is distinguished from a similar award bestowed by CSBA to a member of the Senate or Assembly who has been supportive more generally of local educational agencies. The CCBE Board of Directors is responsible for coordinating the nomination process and selecting the recipient(s) for the Outstanding Legislator Award. Upon receipt and review of all nomination forms, the Board of Directors announces the winner. Submission of nominations were due August 26, 2019.
Past Award Recipients
- 2018 - Assembly Member Cecilia Aguiar-Curry and Assembly Member James Gallagher
- 2016 - Assembly Member Bill Dodd and Assembly Member Tony Thurmond
- 2014 - Assembly Member Susan Bonilla
- 2013 – Senator Lois Wolk
- 2007 – Senator Jeff Denham
- 2006 – Senator Joe Simitian and Assembly Member Joe Nation
- 2005 – Assembly Member Lynn Daucher
- 2004 – Senator Dede Alpert, Assembly Member Gene Mullin, and Senator Chuck Poochigan
- 2003 – Senator Jack O’Connell
- 2001 – Assembly Speaker Bob Hertzberg
- 2000 – Assembly Member Rod Pacheco
No Outstanding Legislator was selected in 2002, 2008-2012, 2015 and 2017.