Outstanding Legislator Award
The CCBE Outstanding Legislator Award is bestowed upon a member of the Senate or Assembly who has been actively involved in legislation or legislative activities supporting the work of county offices of education and their programs. The CCBE award is distinguished from a similar award bestowed by CSBA to a member of the Senate or Assembly who has been supportive more generally of local educational agencies. The CCBE Legislative Committee coordinates the selection process and is responsible for coordinating the nomination process for the Outstanding Legislator Award. Upon receipt and review of all nomination forms, the committee announces the winner. Submission of nominations are due September 1, 2016.
After carefully reviewing submitted nominations, the committee recommended to the CCBE Board of Directors to approve Assemblymember Tony Thurmond and Assemblymember Bill Dodd to receive the CCBE Outstanding Legislator award. The Board of Directors approved this recommendation at its September 9 meeting. The award will be presented to both Assemblymembers at the CCBE General Membership meeting on Friday, December 2, 2016.
Assemblymember Tony Thurmond Nomination
Assemblymember Bill Dodd Nomination
Past Award Recipients
- 2014 - Assembly Member Susan Bonilla
- 2013 – Senator Lois Wolk
- 2007 – Senator Jeff Denham
- 2006 – Senator Joe Simitian and Assembly Member Joe Nation
- 2005 – Assembly Member Lynn Daucher
- 2004 – Senator Dede Alpert, Assembly Member Gene Mullin, and Senator Chuck Poochigan
- 2003 – Senator Jack O’Connell
- 2001 – Assembly Speaker Bob Hertzberg
- 2000 – Assembly Member Rod Pacheco
No Outstanding Legislator was selected in 2002, 2008-2012 and 2015.