CCBE Annual Conference Program
CCBE is California's key organization for county board members. The Annual Conference offers a wide range of opportunities for professional development specifically designed for county board members.
Call for Proposals
Inspire your peers this fall in Monterey and submit your proposal by April 26. As the role of county offices of education continues to evolve, CCBE’s Annual Conference strives to provide innovative and timely resources for board members and superintendents. We invite you to share your expertise and inspire your colleagues throughout the state by presenting an informative and interactive workshop tailored to the needs of county boards of education. Workshop proposals must be submitted no later than Wednesday, April 26 to Charlyn Tuter.
Key areas of focus for the 2017 conference:
- LCAP/LCFF: How do we properly align the budget to COE and LCFF goals? What new county office of education responsibilities are there towards districts with no funding? Creative solutions to fund our programs when funding is being taken away.
- ADVOCACY: What is in the future political landscape? How can public education become competitive in a new era of choice and promote the value of public education? What is the impact to CA regarding the changing federal education landscape?
- CHARTER SCHOOLS: What is the county office of education board members role in the authorization and oversight process for charter schools? How can we ensure that the schools we charter are accorded flexibility, while still being held accountable for results?
- GOVERNANCE: What to do when board members are on a dysfunctional board? Understanding where each other is coming from.
- SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL WELL-BEING: What can county board members do to ease family fears and support at-risk (homeless students, refugee students, unaccompanied minors) youth?
- INNOVATION AND STUDENT LEARNING: What should county board members know about curriculum? How to bring back Career Technical Education and how might they look different? What kind of grant funding and partnerships are available for alignment? Innovation at the County Board of Education for 2017 and beyond.
CCBE Annual Conference Program-at-a-Glance
(subject to change)
Friday, September 8, 2017
9:30 am - 1:00 pm: Board of Directors Meeting
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm: Conference workshops
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm: President's Welcome Reception
Saturday, September 9, 2017
8:00 am - 10:00 am: General Membership Meeting & Breakfast
10:30 am - 12:15 pm: Morning Workshops
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm: General Sessions Luncheon
2:15 pm - 4:00 pm: Afternoon Workshops
Sunday, September 10, 2017
9:00 am - 11:00 am: General Session & Breakfast
If you have any questions, please contact Charlyn Tuter or Jenn Ng