Payment, Cancellation & Privacy Policies
Acceptable forms of payment
CSBA/CCBE accepts the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- For membership dues: Invoices are mailed in early May and may be paid by check. Please make checks payable to California School Boards Association, c/o West America Bank.
- For Annual Conference registration: Payments may be made via check or credit card.
- All other trainings: All other trainings payments may be made via credit card or check.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I need to register someone ASAP and can only pay by check. Can we email a scanned copy of the registration form and check to secure a spot?
A: Yes, as long as the copy is of a signed check and shows that it is payable to CSBA. Check numbers alone will not be accepted. Scanned copies may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: When will the person be registered?
A: Upon receipt of the registration form and check payment. Registration fees for mailed registration forms & checks will be based off of the postmark date; scanned/emailed copies will be based off the email date.
Q: What is the latest I can mail a registration form and check payment?
A: Five business days before the event.
If trying to register with a check payment after the five business day deadline, here are the alternatives:
- Pre-registrations: Email a scanned copy of the registration form and check to email@example.com to pre-register, and then bring the originals to CSBA/CCBE staff on-site.
- On-site registrations: Bring the check to the CSBA/CCBE staff on-site and complete an on-site registration form. Please ensure the check amount is for the late/onsite rate to ensure checks are for the correct amount.
Cancellation requests must be received in writing five business days prior to the start date of any conference and training. There will be a 50% cancellation fee charged after the five business day deadline. No refunds for no shows. CCBE encourages substitutions from within a county office or organization.
Direct all cancellation requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. By mail to the Registrar, California School Boards Association, 3251 Beacon Blvd., West Sacramento, CA 95691-1660. By fax to (916) 669-3366, Attn: Registrar. If you have any special needs that we can address to make your participation more enjoyable, please call the CSBA staff at (800) 266-3382 prior to the conference.
CSBA/CCBE will not release information about the registration or attendance of registrants other than in response to governing board action requesting such information or in response to a lawful subpoena or court order.