The Nominating Committee is elected at CCBE’s General Membership Meeting in November/December each year. The Nominating Committee is made up of seven members representing at least four geographic regions (north, central, south and coast). Six members of the committee are elected at the annual meeting by plurality and one carry-over member is selected by the previous year’s committee to provide continuity.
The 2020 Nominating Committee invites you to participate in the nominating process for this year's election of the CCBE President-elect and Vice President. You can help us in two ways: 1) Submit a nomination form for yourself or for another member with their consent and/or 2) encourage potential candidates to run for office. Nomination and candidate application forms must be received by CCBE no later than Friday, July 31 by 5:00 p.m. Please email your nomination and candidate forms to email@example.com.
Candidate Application Forms:
• 2021 Candidacy Form Instructions
• 2021 Nomination Form
• 2021 Candidacy Application Form
• CCBE Officer Roles & Responsibilities
A potential candidate will:
• Have strong leadership skills, including abilities to collaborate, motivate and inspire.
• Be passionate supporters of public education and be strong advocates for county offices of education.
• Clearly understand CCBE’s role, vision, mission and values.
• Be able to devote the necessary time and attention to serve as a CCBE officer.
• Must be a current member of a county board in good standing and that board must be a member of CCBE.
Candidates do not need to be a current or previous member of CSBA’s Delegate Assembly or CCBE Board of Directors.
Candidates will be schedule for interviews during the CCBE Annual Conference the weekend of September 11-13 in Monterey. Elections will be held at the general membership breakfast meeting on December 4 during the CSBA's Annual Education Conference in Anaheim.
If you would like to be a strong voice and integral part of CCBE and help to shape education in California for many years to come, don't miss this exciting opportunity!
2020 Nominating Committee
Melissa Kinsel, Lake COE (Chair)
Ray Curtis, Riverside COE
Lupe Sanchez, Monterey COE
Marcy Masumoto, Fresno COE
Celia Maldonado-Arroyo, Tulare COE
Amy Sharp, Solano COE
Shelton Yip, Yolo COE